Orecchiette di Grano Arso is a type of pasta that Puglia is known for, made from toasted durum wheat, which gives it it’s darker color. It has a lot more flavor than your average pasta through this process. That’s why it doesn’t require a lot to pair with it. This dish is perfect for anyone who is looking for a delicious dish to wow your (at home) "dinner guests" because it is so beautiful, but doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or time. Enjoy with whoever you are quarantining with right now!
Prep Time: 5 mins ~~~ Cook Time: 40 mins ~~~ Serving Size: 4-6 ppl
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A small bunch of fresh basil
- Cherry Tomato Sauce - Passata Artigianale
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 Fresh Burrata
- 1 bag of Orecchiette di Grano Arso
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh basil, salt and pepper, and cherry tomato sauce to a pan. Allow to simmer for about 20 mins, stir occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, put water on to boil, once it is ready, add the orecchiette, allow to cook until al dente, approximately 5-10 mins
- When the orecchiette is ready, strain, and add directly to the pan with the sauce and stir.
- While still on the heat, mix the pasta and sauce allowing the sauce to coat each piece of pasta.
- Next add the pasta to bowls for plating.
- Take out the fresh burrata, cut the burrata in half and scoop out the stracciatella.
- Add a nice spoonful of stracciatella on top of each bowl of pasta, garnish with fresh basil, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and enjoy!
Shop with Especially Puglia
- - also available our - Olive Oil all year long!
- - “Passata Artigianale”
- - Toasted Wheat Orecchiette
- - all of the above items are in this box! - check out the different options and pick which is best for you!