A delicious bowl of Orecchiette Con Cime di Rapa. Buon Appetito!
If you are looking for a comforting meal to transport you to Puglia, look no further than this Orecchiette con Cime di Rapa recipe. A traditional Pugliese recipe that’s sure to please everyone in the family, is a nice mix of the sea and the land with the melding of anchovies, broccoli rabe, and breadcrumbs. The only fresh ingredients you need from the store is the broccoli rabe, everything else is pantry staple items! Our gift to you, from Puglia to your table. Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Serving Size: 4-6 people Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 anchovies filets
- 2-3 small red chili peppers
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches of broccoli rabe (this is the American cousin to Cime di Rape)
- 3/4 cup of fresh toasted breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- I bag of Orecchiette Pasta
- Clean off the broccoli rabe, and drop in a pot of water, set a side and wait to boil.
- In a separate pan, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic cloves, anchovies, red chili peppers and tomatoes. Allow to time for the ingredients to sauté and meld together.
- Add salt to the boiling water, then add in the bag of Orecchiette. Allow to cook until al dente, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Take out some of the pasta water before straining the pasta and broccoli rabe.
- Mix in the pasta and broccoli rabe straight into the pan with the sautéed ingredients.
- Add in the pasta water that was set aside earlier. This should create a light sauce when combined with all the ingredients. Mix until each piece of pasta is coated nicely.
- Top with fresh toasted breadcrumbs and enjoy!
Shop the Ingredients from Especially Puglia:
- Orecchiette Pasta
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, – also available is our Adopt an Olive Tree – to enjoy olive oil all year long!