Visit some of Puglia's most beautiful spots, and be immersed in the deep history and culture of Puglia on this week long trip. Including visiting the National Park of Gargano, UNESCO sites of Castel del Monte and City of Matera. Then there will be visiting the capitvating towns of Lucera, Troia, Trani, Peschici and Montecorvino.
You will be a part of a local olive harvest and will share food stories over lunch with the family. You will meet the small family farmers and food producers behind the Especially Puglia farmshare program. You will be able to relax in a unique, cozy masserie and be fully immersed into the history, traditions and culture with local Pugliese Michele Iadarola, including cooking and wine tasting with his family.
We begin with a group transfer from Bari Airport to our masseria (a local organic farm offering elegant accommodation and food) set into the tranquil countryside and surrounded by the Dauni Mountains. We chat with the owner of the masseria and set off on foot to explore the area, with him as our guide. Along the way, you taste locally-made wines. We punctuate the day enjoying Pugliese recipes in Pietramontecorvino, uno dei Borghi piú Belli d’Italia (one of the Most Beautiful Villages of Italy in English). We'll dine in a town landmark, overlooking the spectacular vista of Puglia's rolling hills, your home for the next three days.
This is a project that promotes the great heritage of history, art, culture, environment and traditions found in small Italian towns off the beaten paths.
About your guide
- One week tour
- Small group tour - 6 to 8 people
- $3,200 per person for double occupancy room
- November 3rd - 9th, 10th - 16th
What is included?
6 nights of accommodation in 3- or 4-star hotels and masserie (farm stay)
• 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners with either a 3- or 4-course menu
• Entry fee to the UNESCO site of Castel del Monte hunting lodge
• 1 guided visit of UNESCO Site of Matera
• 1 visit to an olive oil producer and tasting during the harvest!
• 1 hands-on cooking class and 1 pasta and focaccia cooking demo with Michele’s mamma and aunt
• 1 wine tasting and visit to local winemaker and 1 to a pasta maker
• 1 visit an tasting to a mozzarella and 1 to tapenade & preserved veggie maker
• 2 visits to Slow Food Presidia: Gargano Podolica (cow's milk cheese) & Altamura D.O.P. bread
• 1 music event with local folk group and 1 visit to a trabucco fishing platform
• Comfortable transportation by 9-seat van for all travel on tour as cited in the itinerary
• Bilingual, professional Tour Leaders
• Group transfers to/from Bari airport at beginning and end of the tour
• Local taxes and gratuities for luggage porters and restaurant servers during tour
• 4 lunches and 1 dinner on your own
• Alcoholic beverages at group dinners (including wine and spirits)
• Round-trip airfare and expenses to/from the tour
• Trip cancellation, baggage loss or travel delay insurance (this optional coverage is highly recommended and is not provided by Especially Puglia)
• Gratuities for your driver
• Personal expenses, such as, but not limited to, phone calls, laundry, emails, snacks, gifts